Link

Friday, September 10, 2004

Fast Food Follies

Sometimes life just makes me laugh, and lately it has been fast food restaurants that have caused the mirth.

A few weeks ago I was in the MacDonald's drive-thru waiting to pay for my order. The window was open and I heard the women begin speaking to the car at the speaker behind me. She opened with, "Hello, welcome to Burger King. Can I take your order? I mean MacDonalds!" After she took the order and turned to collect my money, we both were smiling. I just had to say something, "Too many fast food corporations to keep track of?" We both laughed.

She went on to tell me she was very tired and had been working seven hours without a break. I told her I can relate as my job causes me to miss breaks sometimes. She finally admitted, "I was planning to stop at Burger King after work." I don't know if that means she is sick of the food at MacDonalds or that Burger King is her favorite fast food.
~~~~~
Then yesterday, my girlfriend was passing her cell phone back to the kids in the backseat to talk. They had already been to Wendy's and one of the kids had a Frosty with the lid off. Frosties are so thick you have to remove the lid to stir it up or use a spoon, unless one has a super vacuum lung system. Anyway, he was trying to hold the open Frosty and use the cell phone, when sploosh, the phone fell into the Frosty. "Hang on!" he told the caller on the cell. The kids managed to finish the phone conversation with remnants of Frosty on the phone.

Unfortunately, later when my girlfriend tried to use the cell phone, it was malfunctioning. She made a call no problem, she heard the "hello", but the listener couldn't hear her. We don't know exactly what the problem is, probably the mouth piece. Overnight she let the phone continue to dry out. Now she has to scream to be heard. I don't think that will be a good thing. I can just picture her taking my call in the grocery store, shouting her conversation for everyone to hear. "OK, I'LL PICK UP SOME MILK. OK, AND SOME CHEESE. DID YOU WANT BREAD? NO, I DIDN'T SAY DEAD, I SAID BREAD. I SAID BREAD!!! NEVER MIND! I LOVE YOU. I SAID, I LOVE YOU!!! GOODBYE. I SAID, GOODBYE!!!!! I think she is going to need a new cell phone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home