Link

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Smear Bill O'Reilly



Apparently Bill O'Reilly of the "All Spin Zone" on FOX News recently decided that San Francisco should be a terrorist attack site. His quote that is shameless goes like this, "if Al Qaeda comes in here and blows you (San Francisco) up, we're not going to do anything about it. We're going to say, look, every other place in America is off limits to you, except San Francisco."

He said this because the citizens of San Francisco VOTED to ban military recruiters from high school and college campuses. I guess O'Reilly doesn't like democracy unless he agrees with the vote. In other words he believes in dictatorship, as long as he is the dictator. Now I could think of plenty of democratic elections where I disagree with either the candidate or issue that garnered the popular vote. But I would never wish a terrorist attack on those citizens that cast their votes.

I wonder what kind of destruction he would wish on me, because I agree with San Francisco, that military recruiters should be banned from campuses. Where I live, the recruiters roam the hallways of the local high school trying to make friends with future "improvised explosive device" fodder in Iraq, the war of lies. They don't need this kind of access to kids many of whom are as young as 13 years old, particularily since they have recruiting offices not more than a quarter mile from the school.

But the O'Reilly crap gets deeper, as only his crap should be. Since his inexcusable comments were made, he has been creamed in the realm of blogs. O'Reilly has decided that he has been smeared once too often and is fighting back with a blog "hit list" of those who didn't like his violent remarks toward San Francisco. He plans to post all the names of "the smear merchants" (as he calls them) on his website billoreilly.com. He claims they are the anti-military internet crowd, forgeting the fact that he made the vile comments that he thinks San Francisco should be terrorized by Al Qaeda and that if they are, our country should not help them.

As a former member of the Army, but as one who opposes military recruiters on campus I must be somewhat of an enigma to talking buttheads like O'Reilly. Most of the talking head crowd never served in the military, much like the Bush Administration. Chickenhawks always squawking about patriotism and how to run bad wars like Iraq. I don't know if O'Reilly ever put on a uniform, but I did.

So there! I've done it. I've "smeared" Bill O'Reilly and now I wonder if little old me will get the honor of appearing on his website.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home