Link

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Condi Rice, Right and Wrong

The other day Condelezza Rice finally admitted the mistakes of Iraq.
~~~~~~
Yes, I know we have made tactical errors, thousands of them," she said in answer to a question over whether lessons had been learned since the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq in 2003.

"I believe strongly that it was the right strategic decision, that Saddam had been a threat to the international community long enough," she added.

~~~~~~

But she hasn't admitted the biggest mistake of all, going to war with a country that never was a threat to us. I wonder what tactical errors she was referring to, what thousands they might be. It would be nice if she actually pointed out what errors were made.

I would say tactical error number one was in the propaganda selling of the war as disarming Saddam of non-existent WMDs. It was Condi herself who warned of an impending mushroom cloud from Saddam. But the thing about propaganda is that once the propagandized realize it's just propaganda then they are not willing to believe the next load of propaganda. Well, Americans have figured out the lies, the polls show that.

And with the recent revelations that President Bush was planning to attack Iraq without UN approval prior to going to the UN. In Bush's secret talks (recently revealed) with Great Britain Prime Minister Tony Blair, Bush told Blair that he didn't believe that Saddam had WMDs, yet at the same time he was going to the American people and claiming just the opposite. He was allowing his henchmen, like VP Dick Cheney and of course Condi Rice to publicly repeat the WMD mantra while Bush didn't believe it. These people are now such obvious liars.

As for me, I never believed the propaganda in the first place, but it's nice to know that I was absolutely correct in my belief. There is a great word for how I feel, vindicated. I've felt vindicated for some time now, but the Bush/Blair meeting shows deeply the terrible character of Bush.

As to Condi and her thousands of mistakes, I wonder if she thinks her mushroom cloud remarks were one of those mistakes. And if Condi ever feels compelled to spell out more of those thousands of errors, I'll listen but I won't be waiting anxiously as I doubt she plans to elaborate on the thousands.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home